Life-threatening medical emergencies are usually accompanied by low tissue oxygen levels (not enough oxygen supply to tissue and organs). If this progresses, the brain will begin to die first, with other organs following. Additionally, low oxygen levels to the heart may lead to cardiac arrest. After AIRWAY, supplemental oxygen is the most important first step in treatment.
Consider these facts:
- Half of all heart attack deaths occur before the victim gets to the hospital.
- Average arrival time of professional help is 8-12 minutes.
- Disability or brain death can occur within the first 4 minutes!
- 38% of deaths are caused by heart disease and stroke.
- Over 3,000,000 Canadians suffer from heart or blood vessel disease.
That is why we offer a full-coverage emergency oxygen program—the SOS Life-Saving Program—that provides personnel training, proper equipment, and equipment maintenance for your premises.
Get A Demo Today
The SOS Life-Saving Program includes:
Emergency Oxygen Training
SOS Emergency Response Training
- Instruction in basic procedures to help sustain a life in a medical emergency until the arrival of medical professionals.
- Education about risk factors, signs, symptoms, and actions to follow in case of heart attack, choking, hemorrhaging, shock, and breathing emergencies.
- In-depth explanations of the importance and administration of emergency oxygen.
- Training certification provided in the form of a training guide and certificate card issued to each participant.
- Approximate training duration of 60 - 90 minutes.
Emergency Oxygen Equipment
SOS Emergency Oxygen Inhalator
- Portable, safe, and simple, with easy "On-Off" operation.
- Available in two-stage preset or variable flow models.
- Impact-resistant case.
- Includes dual purpose resuscitation mask.
- "Two-Stage" regulator for ultimate reliability.
Oxygen Equipment Maintenance Services
Emergency and Comprehensive Maintenance
- 24 hour response.
- Automatic inspections performed two times a year at your premises.
- Parts replacement or repairs and hydrostatic testing at no extra cost.
- Refills at inspection periods at no extra cost.